Welcome to Catholic Homeschool Moms! Today is a very special episode, and we are actually covering a topic that is a first for us. We will call today’s guest “Katherine”, to protect her privacy and the privacy of her children. Katherine is still married to her husband, but they are estranged and living apart. The situation is tragic for both Katherine and her children, and we certainly want to keep this family in our prayers.
Katherine has 4 boys that she is currently raising as a single parent, while living with her parents. Despite Katherine’s marriage turning out differently than she had planned, the need to meet her children’s emotional needs was what drove the decision for Katherine to homeschool her older children.
In this episode you will learn the following:
- Why Katherine chose homeschooling at this time
- How Katherine achieved the support of her estranged husband for homeschooling
- How Katherine manages homeschooling in less than ideal circumstances
- What emotional needs Katherine hopes homeschooling is meeting for her children
- The toll this situation is taking on Katherine
- This impact of family support during tough times
We hope that you will listen to Katherine’s story with empathy. We want this episode to support and encourage Katherine in the homeschooling community. There is room here for us all. There is room in the Catholic faith for us all.