Mandy initially planned on putting all her kids in school and raise them traditionally. After her sister started homeschooling 18 years ago, it made her re-think that decision. Over time, she began to feel that maybe she should homeschool her 7 children. She’s now convinced more than ever, that it’s the right decision for her family.
Mandy shares her story and talks about:
- How homeschooling seems to take place 24/7 at her house
- Why her children take music lessons and dance lessons
- The motivation to take on extracurricular activities
- The lessons her children have learned from competitive activities
- The role of family support in her homeschooling decisions
- How pushing her children to continue with activities they weren’t naturally good at has helped them have a breakthrough
- Ways she has turned her children into independent learners
- How an Adoration hour benefits Mandy
- Who her Saint has been for the last several years
- Ways a miscarriage has impacted her children
- Ways her family focuses on quality of time, rather than monetary goals
Mandy is currently reading The Little Flower.